6.14.2005

BoSox v. Cubs

What a great weekend!

My good friend Brad got married on Friday night to a great girl, Bethany. It's particularly special (in my opinion) because they have been dating since sometime just after they were both out of diapers. Things like that seem to happen less, and less, so when it works it's very special.

Shortly after I got home from the wedding I left for Chicago (4am wake-up call is not a good idea) to enjoy weekend of baseball with my friend Jason. FYI, it was a bit of a historic weekend as the Red Sox & Cubs played one another for the first time since somewhere near 1918. It was my first trip to the friendly confines of Wrigley, and it did not dissapoint. My first MLB game was at Fenway the oldest stadium still in use, so it was nice to compare it to the second oldest. They really have similar atmospheres, a certainly electricity and excitement you will not find at the K here in KC, unless you are living in 1985. Anyway, it was good to be at a stadium where folks are going to watch a baseball game, not just using the ballpark as a social outing. The Cubs took 2 of 3 from the BoSox, but Wakefield came out of a mini-slump and had the knuckler dancing. Johnny D and Kevin Youkilis (the Greek god of walks) each were one leg short of the cycle, and Manny hit one out breaking big cold streak in the Red Sox win.




We also ate a ton of great food and enjoyed the company of great friends. I rode the 'L' for the first time, ate at The Billy Goat tavern, and experienced Wrigleyville. Like I said, great weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheeseburger, cheeseburger! COKE, no pepsi.

Wednesday, 15 June, 2005  
Blogger jaymorgner said...

CHIPS, NO FRIES!

Wednesday, 15 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home