6.22.2005

Notes from the road.

No, I am not away from home, but I've been out driving, as is required in our sprawl of a city, and I've noticed a few things that are very interesting.

a. People talking on their cell phones while exercising. One gentleman, who was formerly riding his bike, was at a stop light leaning up against his bike having a full-fledged conversation about who knows what, but clearly it must have been more important than keeping his cardiovascular system working at an increased rate.

In the same genre there were two ladies walking side by side in the vicinity of Brookside. These people clearly use exercise in a very different manner than I do. I like to relax and remove myself from the connectivity of a cell phone, or email for awhile. They take the opportunity to be more connected. It just bothers me.

b. The poor bastard/bastardette who is standing at the intersection pleading with every passing car to come get a free cup of coffee, a pizza for $5, a great deal at the store closing. I just feel so bad for them. Granted it was his/her choice to work, and I respect that, but it's painful (in a mostly humorous way) to watch them parade up and down the sidewalk being ignored. I think that must be why it bothers me, because never once has the placard bearer ever changed my mind.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's what she said.

Wednesday, 22 June, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this one's for jeffer.

Thursday, 23 June, 2005  
Blogger jaymorgner said...

as a humourous add on I was riding my bike yesterday, and the phone rang with the ringer at a pretty high volume, so i reached back to hit the 'silencer' button, and instead hit the speaker button right next to it that answers the phone. mtc was on the other end saying 'hello' so i had to reach back, answer it, and try to explain myself. oops. i am the people i dislike now. (for clarity sake, the vibrate function on the phone is not currently working. also, the only reason i carry the phone is in case of a flat tire, so i don't have to walk too far carrying a bike if i get a flat.)

Thursday, 23 June, 2005  
Blogger bri-bri said...

i love a lot of stuff about blogs and i love this post but mostly i love that you said bastardette. bravo young man.

Thursday, 23 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home