6.29.2005

Wisdom from a golf magazine?

Reading Golf Digest last night I didn't really expect to contemplate life but in the 'lessons' section I read this:

"Commitment allows freedom from second-guessing"

The instructor was talking about having confidence in the shot you are taking, striking the ball well, and even if you hit the ball poorly shaking it off knowing the next shot will be much better.

It just struck me that being committed to something or to someone allows me to feel supreme confidence in the work that Christ has set before me. He knows the plans he has are for prosper, and not for harm, and that all I need to do is commit to following, and as a result second-guessing is not an option. I can't say I've had that confidence much lately.

The applications are nearly unlimited for such an open-ended phrase, but that's what I got out of it. Hopefully Golf Digest can help you as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heck, and all that i had ever gotten out of golf digest in the past was the name of that golf instructor i hired a few years ago, that obviously really, really helped my game! good words, mig.

Wednesday, 29 June, 2005  
Blogger bri-bri said...

i always believed in your ability to be a wise man, jayme.

Wednesday, 29 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home