12.09.2005

Too tired to care.

I've spent the last three days keeping business and offices parks safe by applying salt to the parking lots. At the end of my time apprx. 3:30 am yesterday I was on my way home and realized in those three days i had consumed 10 Chicken Nuggets, a bowl of cereal, a coke, a bottle of water, and a few handfuls of Chex Mix. Dang, i was hungry. I exited I-35 and headed East. On my right was a McDonalds. I, in my delirious state, felt like a sausage mcmuffin w/ egg would be a great idea, and with the drive thru open 24 hrs in I rolled and placed my order. "Sir, we don't start serving breakfast until 4am." The order box voice said. WHAT THE HECK??? It's 3:40! You're not doing anything. I'm probably the first customer you've had since 12:45, and you're willing to sacrifice sticking some fake eggs, and sausage in the microwave so you can sweep the floor again, or sit on your butt for another 3 hrs until normal people are up? I even tried the ol' Tommy Boy, 'are you sure you can't make me one?' no luck there. She asked if i wanted something else. Obviously not. If I'd wanted something else I would have ordered it in the first place. If you happen to run into Ronald McDonald in the coming days, weeks, and months tell him he should let people eat breakfast anytime after midnight at his restaurants.

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

I think they should serve all foods all 24 hours. I know I'm not the only crazy fool that would eat sausage and egg biscuits after the hours of 10:30 am and before 4:00 am.

Friday, 09 December, 2005  
Blogger jaymorgner said...

amy: very true. breakfast is my favorite food of all.

to update: i worked again last night, was again hungry, and this time at 4:30am. I drove past the same McDonalds, and just gave it the finger.

Saturday, 10 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home