8.30.2005

1776

Upon the advice of Mr. Isaac Anderson I bought a book called 1776 by David McCullough today.

Isaac and I had American Revolution together with Ms. Louise Breen at K-State (a lot of college nostalgia today, weird) . My favorite part about that class was the review session where we would get a chance to ask questions regarding the essay topics we'd already been given to review. So let's say the topic was: Explain how the colonists used effigies in order to show their discontent with the British government. Isaac would ask this question: So, Ms. Breen, how did the colonists use effigies in order to show their discontent with the British government? Ms. Breen would proceed to answer the question in great detail as we all feverishly took notes. Come test time all it took was transferring those notes into a test booklet, and you were assured an A. Thanks Isaac for asking the tough questions!

I'll let you know how the book turns out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally missed out. I think I was in that class for you for like 2 days. Of course I dropped it, like I did about 50% of my classes.

Thursday, 01 September, 2005  
Blogger jaymorgner said...

yeah, you did miss out! it was a good class. top 5 in my book.

Friday, 02 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

done and done. i love you jay. your blog too! *wink*

Friday, 16 September, 2005  
Blogger Brian Stevens said...

Morgner,

glad I ran into you at the rock show the other weekend...now that I am in KC again, hopefully our paths will cross more often.

peace.

brian

Saturday, 17 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home