8.30.2005

Kearney Kayak IV


This weekend I went on the Fourth Annual Kearney Kayak Trip with some of the fellas I lived with at K-State in a house on Kearney St. It is, as Mitch put it, a dot on the horizon that I look forward to every year. It is a great opportunity to connect with men that I spent time with in a important life-shaping period. Although I see them other times throughout the year, still not often enough, it helps all of us to reconnect, and remember some great times we had living in that pit of a domicile.

It also makes for some very lasting memories; grant and josh going crazy with fireworks, mitch crowding the plate in the wiffleball game, running across the tops of the kayaks, and david losing the key in the river! Things that I will never forget for the rest of my life happen in the span of 36hrs, once a year.

It is a true blessing to know some of the finest men on the planet, and to call them brothers.

Cheers to great friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home