9.21.2005

As per usual....

Well it's happened again. After holding first place since the middle of July the Red Sox have found a way to relinquish first place to the hated Yankees. Worst of all they gave it to them. The Sox were up 4-3 in the top of the 8th against the pathetic Devil Rays who will never be anything more than a spoiler in September. Yet the Sox were able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with Timlin giving up 4 runs. SICKENING. David Ortiz can't hit a home run to win the game every night can he? Anyway...

I did learn something interesting that makes me hate the Yankees even more while reading '1776' today. "Yankee" was actually a term referring to a New York loyalist. In other words if you were a yankee you were working against the sons of liberty. Much like today if you are a Yankeee, or a Yankees fan, you are working against the good of baseball.

(This is of course a gut reaction, and should be taken as such. I am confident that the Red Sox will take 2 of 3 from the Yankees in the final weekend of the season and the Yankees will sit at home this October.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be rooting for the BSox on Monday night from "near" the front row!! Don't worry - I'll take photos, and my BSox hat is in my suitcase...

Thursday, 22 September, 2005  
Blogger jaymorgner said...

Schweet. Tell Dan I said hello.

Thursday, 22 September, 2005  
Blogger Brian Stevens said...

I didn't think a team like the Red Sox could play the part of the Royals so well...

Wednesday, 28 September, 2005  
Blogger jaymorgner said...

i agree. 1st of all, i don't think think the ownership would stand for it (90% of the Royals problem), and second the fans wouldn't stand for it.

Wednesday, 28 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home