10.10.2005

Tough luck.

I guess you could call it bad luck.

a. On Friday night one of our Young Life committee families had us over for dinner. It was spaghetti and meatballs or italian sausage. I went with a little of both. It was darn good, we went to the football game afterwards. I went home and went to bed. At about 2am I spring out of bed, and up comes the dinner.

b. On Saturday I went to an 80s party. (not dressed up, so I think I'll chalk this up to bad karma) I was going to pick up Kelly, and on my way over I realized I'd forgotten the directions. I pulled back in the driveway, engaged the parking brake, hopped out, and started walking into the house. I hear a loud click, and notice my car has begun to roll off towards 71st Street!!!! My adreneline has never pumped so hard as it did while I was sprinting to get just ahead of the door so I could fling it open, jump in and slam on the brakes just before it rolled into the street.

c. Walking up to the door this morning to begin the work week I balanced my coffee cup on top of the box which contained my lunch, and as I reached for the door handle, said cup did slip and on the sidewalk my coffee was deposited. Drag.

4 Comments:

Blogger tiffany said...

I think you are looking at this from entirely the wrong perspective. You threw up, that's a couple calories you don't have to work off later. You saved your car before it hit the impending doom of the street where it likely would have been hit. I can't really put a sunshine glow on spilling the coffee, sorry. Obviously I am kidding. I absolutely hate it when people make my bad days look good. Damn optimists. Better luck next weekend

Tuesday, 11 October, 2005  
Blogger bri-bri said...

jayme, you had mentioned to me on friday that you were thinking about "looking for trouble" this past weekend. i guess it found you. sorry about your string of bad luck there... but at least you got some good stories out of it, eh? countdown to chicken tortilla soup night with you and jeffers... it'll be here before we know it...

Tuesday, 11 October, 2005  
Blogger timsamoff said...

Friday, as my wife and I were sitting in the cab of a borrowed truck, minutes before heading off to work... I held the key in my fingertips and guided it towards the ignition. At that instant, the key slipped out of my fingers, made one quick flip and fell right into the space between the steering wheel and the console (where the steering wheel adjustment mechanism is)... I had to get a flashlight and a screwdriver and dismantle the console in order to get the key.

Last week was just bad luck. Period. Sorry.

Tuesday, 11 October, 2005  
Blogger Brian Stevens said...

so i was driving in olathe yesterday, and for some reason this girl was standing outside of her car at a red light...well, she gets back in - nascar style through the driver side window

it was amazing, and what was more amazing was her Jeff Gordon front licence plate.

Friday, 14 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home