4.26.2006

New friends...

Last night was the banquet for Mid Shore Young Life, or as I like to call it baptism by fire. It was a crazy night. I got to be called Area Director, that made me feel important. Being the new guy, and only having been there for about 72 hrs before the banquet, my role was to try to meet and remember as many folks as possible. 3. I think I can remember 3 peoples names. I'll call it a success. When I was introduced, I decided to go ahead and take a picture of everyone staring at me to break up the moment. I was so nervous, and my hands were shaking, so this is what came out:







I didn't want to push my luck and ask for another one.

Another first for me was the lacrosse game tonight. I don't get it. I'm working on it. All I know is you have a little baskct attached to a stick and some of the sticks are longer. The scoring is one point at a time, and and average score is around 16-12 or thereabouts.

4 Comments:

Blogger bri-bri said...

that picture is great! what a representation of nerves, huh? i am so proud of you. good job, james emerson. next time you visit... i'm cooking you up some turkey steak!

Friday, 28 April, 2006  
Blogger cari said...

Hey Jay! Looks like things are going well. I hope that 2 of the 3 names you remember are those 2 women up front whose facial features you can actually decipher.

Friday, 28 April, 2006  
Blogger brett.cantrell said...

ah, fantastic picture. makes me laugh.

Friday, 28 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was yours a short stick or a long one?

Thursday, 04 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home