5.11.2006

Tilghman Island....

I took another boat trip last Saturday, I went with the Shipley's to Tilghman Island for lunch. It was the first time I have used a boat as a mode of transportation for the purpose of getting from A to B. From Easton it is about 23 miles by car, and about 1.5 miles by boat. The Shipley's are great. Parks is approximately 6' 8" tall. I look quite small next to him, as do most people. His wife's name is Micheline, she is Swiss, and even after many years stateside has retained quite an accent. They are in there 60s, and have an abundance of stories to tell. The were one of the driving force behind Young Life in Talbot County. Like I said great. On he way home we cruised by Dick Cheaney's house, but not too close.

I also learned about a product called Old Bay. It goes on everything. I'll say it again. It goes on everything. Allegedly, folks from around here will travel with a supply of Old Bay.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, man - my brother introduced me to old bays a LONG time ago, and it goes on everything (which isn't much at my crib) that gets cooked. it freakin rocks. sorry you had to move 1/2 a country away to learn that.

ready? go!

Thursday, 11 May, 2006  
Blogger shalinn said...

i wish i would've filled you in about the old bay as well, jay. apparently i never had that all too important "let's talk about the spices currently in my cabinet" converstaion with you. i use it mostly when i boil shrimp on my shrimp boat, or er, my kitchen.

Friday, 12 May, 2006  
Blogger Tom and Leah said...

i don't believe in spices that can go on anything. that makes me very nervous. what exactly are the ingredients listed on this magic seasoning? be careful, my friend, you haven't been out of the midwest long enough to be let in on such big secrets as the "old bay" special sprinkle...come back to kansas and i'll cook with real seasonings -- like garlic.

Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home